Sunday, October 4, 2009

New York City serenade

You couldn't really ask for a better home opener than the one the Rangers had last night. The fans were excited to be back and they're playing a new, aggresive game. I predict good things if Gaborik stays healthy, he's already clicking with Dubinsky. And it was so great to see Del Zotto's first NHL goal, he's 19 and you could tell he was so excited.

Overheard in NYC/game:
Well if he's going to send you a picture of his penis...
You ask a guy with all the money in the world if he's happy and he'll lie and tell you he is. It won't make him happy and it won't make you either.
Don't be touching my honey (girl next to me after a goalie interference penalty on Lundqvist)

On the drive home all the stations were playing Bruce since he's doing a string of concerts at the Meadowlands. Speeding past the foggy lights after a great Ranger game blasting the music of the only man who will ever understand me I thought to myself, there are worse things than being stuck in New Jersey.

No comments: