Monday, March 12, 2007

spring break

One of my assignments this week, along with my usual blog duties, is to write about my spring break. From Friday night to Wednesday morning, my friend and my dad and I went to the lovely island of Puerto Rico, where half of my family happens to be from.



This is me with a starfish. Look at how big it is! Some guys found it just chilling in the ocean and let me hold it. I've never seen a starfish this big, let alone in the wild. There's a big part of me that wishes i was a marine biologist. This is me fulfilling my dream. I couldn't tell if it was still alive though, he was out of the water for a long time. If I was a marine biologist, I would know this.



A bunch of my friends were staying in San Juan, so we drove across the island (which was terrifying) and went to some bars at night. The bar of our choice had three floors and the top floor was for smoking. Only the top floor was just a roof where we could see the stars. It was awesome.



This is the view from the restaurant we ate at the last night of our journey. This is now the background for my computer because I can't believe how beautifully this picture came out. It was hard to leave the 80 degree weather with zero humidity and sunshine, to return to New Jersey where it was 10 degrees and snowing. I got a pretty gross cold so for the remainder of my break I slept a lot and did some shopping and hung out with the fam. I had a quiet birthday celebration with my family on Thursday, the eighth, because I still wasn't feeling too hot. And part of me wants to save my energy for my first 21 year old celebration of St. Patrick's Day in Boston. I got my new 21 year old license! We also had a big birthday party for my mom because her birthday is exactly two weeks after mine. It was a good time, I saw a lot of family and friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Then I took the train back to Boston and it took approximately 7 hours because the train didn't have an engine. I'm not lying the conductor announced "we'll leave as soon as we get an engine." So that was a nice cold hard fall back into reality. A reality of papers, tests, co-op interviews and winter coats. Jack's on in less than an hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you had a great time...and it's always fun when you're with you friends and loved ones...and hey for some more fun and laughter you can also visit my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your dad must be really cool bringing you AND your friend to PR! By the way, really creepy post by Carol linking you to an ad site.
I agree that I hope things pick up. The last couple of episodes have been so-so. We need to start chasing some bad guys.