Tuesday, January 23, 2007

off-topic

Occasionally I will go off-topic and discuss things in the news that I feel need to be commented on, you know with my infinite wisdom. The first is this article that I found on msnbc.com. The headline made me laugh out loud so I thought I would share it.

I would also like to discuss Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton basically declaring that they will be running for president in 2008. While I'm not surprised by this, I'm still upset by it. I consider myself a liberal person but I do not think that the country is prepared to elect a black man or a white woman. I hope that I'm wrong but it's how I feel and I think the Democratic party will implode.

Obama is also too inexperienced for my taste. Some people say that this is a positive thing because he hasn't been "corrupted" yet, but my thinking is that he might not have been in office long enough to figure out how to get people to work together.

Hypothetically let's say that Clinton wins in 2008. Then in the past twenty years we will have had two Bushes and two Clinton's which is a little to monarchy for me.

Later I'm going to search through some message boards to see people's reaction to last night's episode (which, to reiterate, was awesome) so I will have an on-topic post soon. Jack Bauer for president. There that's kind of on topic!

No comments: