Monday, January 29, 2007

why awards are dumb

I am currently looking at the list of winners for this years SAG awards, that were just held. 24 was nominated for "Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series" and Kiefer Sutherland was nominated for "Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series" and lost in both categories. 24 lost to ::cringe:: Grey's Anatomy. I think I've given this show a fair shake and I cannot understand it's appeal AT ALL. But apparently I'm the only one.

Kiefer Sutherland lost to Hugh Laurie from House. I've never seen that show so I guess I can't really make a fair assessment.

You can get to the list of winners from the main categories in the other link, but I was happy to see Little Miss Sunshine win for "Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture." That was one of my favorite movies of the year.

One final note. Is Leonardo DiCaprio never supposed to win an award ever? He didn't win in either category he was nominated for, and he lost to Eddie Murphy in Dreamgirls. I haven't seen this movie, but I find it really hard to believe that Eddie Murphy out-acted DiCaprio's performance in The Departed. DiCaprio was unbelievable in that movie and he better win at least one award for it or I will be quite angry.

No comments: